Lots of this applies to all of us. I have taken several of these on board. We are getting involved with a local seed saving group
You can change the world… one seed at a time!
If you’re asking “what can I do?” then we’ve got plenty of suggestions:
- Learn to save heirloom seed from your own plants. Teach your children.
- Go to a farmer’s market and talk to the people selling produce. Ask them about the food you are buying.
- Plant a garden! Doesn’t have to be big. It could even be in pots on your balcony 5 stories up! I once grew tomatoes on my balcony in a kiddie swimming pool!
- Educate yourself about what you eat. Did you know that there are 3 types of genetically engineered coffee plants now?
- Teach your children to garden. Share time with them in the dirt.
- Go ORGANIC!
- Start a community garden in your neighborhood. Get to know your neighbors. Create community.
- Understand what GM crops are and what they are doing to our environment.
- Support local organic…
View original post 324 more words